Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Shrek Ears and a Little Bonus

Okay, ladies. I feel a little guilty. I have had these pics for quite some time, but with all the Christmas sewing and preparation, I haven't posted them. I did some Shrek buns one day and that night, when I took them out to get Al in the tub, I had a cute surprise. I was only sad that I had to wash out that surprise. But, we have done this a couple of times since and it always turns out cute!


First, start by parting the hair. I have found that it works better with only half of the hair pulled up. And, if you use really wet hair for the buns, there are fewer flyaways and a better surprise!


Start twisting your piggy until it starts to double up on itself.


As you twist the hair, twist it around the elastic.


As you are twisting the hair around the elastic, twist it UNDER the previous hair. Keep in mind that the tighter your twist as you go, the better your surprise will be.


When you are done twisting, wrap an elastic around the Shreck bun at the very bottom so it catches in the end of the piggy. If you look close, you can see this on the left bun.


Here's a side view of the Shrek ear I just completed.


Top view of both Shrek ears.

Now for the SURPRISE!!!

I got this cute corkscrew curl out of the Shrek ears. I was so dissappointed that I had to wash them out the same night. But, I am thinking that if your little one slept in these, you would get the same effect the next morning. Enjoy!


Cute little curls, huh?

4 comments:

Cute Girlie do's! said...

Those girls are way pretty! I am going to try that!!

prettyprettyprincesshair said...

They are so adorable!! thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

How cute! My mom used to do this with our hair, and still does it with hers. We call it antennas, because it looks like antennas. She puts them all over her head, at least a dozen, and usually sleeps with it like that. Then the next day, her hair looks permed. Thanks for sharing!

Gibson Russell said...

Sooo Cute! My little Charlie will look so cute with her hair done like that! Thank you so much for sharing!!